Install Perfmon4j agent -- JBoss 7/Windows
This guide details how to install the Perfmon4j agent into an JBoss 7 application server under running on Windows. The instructions require perfomn4j 1.2.0-RC_2 or later.
Copy the following files from your perfmon4j distribution:
- Copy the perfmon4.jar file into jboss\standalone\lib\ext folder.
- Copy the perfmon4j-jbossweb7.jar file into jboss\modules\org\jboss\as\web\main folder.
- Copy the perfmonconfig.xml (located in the pefmon4j/doc folder of the perfmon4j distribution) file into jboss\bin folder.
Copy the following following file from within your jboss server distribution:
- Copy the file jboss\modules\org\javassist\main\javassist-3.15.0-GA.jar to file jboss\standalone\lib\ext\javassist.jar' (make sure when you copy the file is renamed to javassist.jar) -- Note: do not use the javassist.jar included with the perfmon4j distribution.
- Append the following line to jboss\bin\standalone.conf.bat file (insert right above the line :JAVA_OPTS_SET):
- set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -javaagent:..\standalone\lib\ext\perfmon4j.jar=-eorg.apache,-eSQL,-pAUTO,-eVALVE,-f../bin/perfmonconfig.xml"
- Edit file jboss\modules\org\jboss\as\web\main\module.xml and add the following line to the <resources> section of the file: <resource-root path="perfmon4j-jbossweb7.jar"/>
- Start JBoss server using jboss\bin\standalone.sh shell script.
- You should see Perfmon4j ascii art when the agent is launched.
- Once the jboss server is started you should see something that looks like the following:
Max Active Threads. 0 Throughput......... 0.00 per minute Average Duration... 0.00 Median Duration.... NA > 2 seconds........ 0.00% > 5 seconds........ 0.00% > 10 seconds....... 0.00% Standard Deviation. 0.00 Max Duration....... 0 Min Duration....... 0 Total Hits......... 0 Total Completions.. 0 (SQL)Avg. Duration. 0.00 (SQL)Std. Dev...... 0.00 (SQL)Max Duration.. 0 (SQL)Min Duration.. 0
This indicates that perfmon4j is monitoring each web request. Important: The JBoss console application does not route through the default web application container and request through the console will not be monitored by Perfmon4j. To evaluate request you can deploy any WAR file to the jboss/standalone/deployment folder.
You can also use the following war file (containing the servlet examples included with apache-tomcat-5.5x): http://perfmon4j.sourceforge.net/misc/tomcat-examples.war. Once you deploy this file you can access the examples at http://localhost:8080/tomcat-examples .