Install Perfmon4j agent -- JBoss 6/Windows
This guide details how to install the Perfmon4j agent into an JBoss 6 application server under running on Windows. The instructions require perfomn4j 1.2.0-RC_2 or later.
Copy the following files from your perfmon4j distribution:
- Copy the perfmon4.jar file into jboss\lib\endorsed folder.
- Copy the perfmon4-servlet.jar file into jboss\server\default\lib folder. -- Note: if you are running a jboss server configuration other than default copy into that specific configuration.
- Copy the perfmon4-tomcat55.jar file into jboss\server\default\lib folder.
- Copy the perfmonconfig.xml (located in the pefmon4j\doc folder of the perfmon4j distribution) file into jboss\bin folder.
Copy the following following file from within your jboss server distribution:
- Copy javassist.jar from jboss\client to jboss\lib\endorsed -- Note: do not use the javassist.jar included with the perfmon4j distribution.
Append the following line to jboss\bin\run.conf.bat file (Insert right before the :JAVA_OPTS_SET label at the bottom of the file):
- set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -javaagent:..\lib\endorsed\perfmon4j.jar=-eorg.apache,-eSQL,-pAUTO,-eVALVE,-f..\bin\perfmonconfig.xml"
- Start JBoss server using jboss/bin/run.sh shell script.
- You should see Perfmon4j ascii art when the agent is launched.
- Once the jboss server is started you should see something that looks like the following:
Max Active Threads. 0 Throughput......... 0.00 per minute Average Duration... 0.00 Median Duration.... NA > 2 seconds........ 0.00% > 5 seconds........ 0.00% > 10 seconds....... 0.00% Standard Deviation. 0.00 Max Duration....... 0 Min Duration....... 0 Total Hits......... 0 Total Completions.. 0 (SQL)Avg. Duration. 0.00 (SQL)Std. Dev...... 0.00 (SQL)Max Duration.. 0 (SQL)Min Duration.. 0
This indicates that perfmon4j is monitoring each web request. Go into the jboss console http://localhost:8080 and navigate through the jboss console. Each minute a summary will be displayed showing this throughput information.